Breaking News

Study in Quebec as an International Student

There are many great advantages to choosing to study in Quebec. It’s home to fantastic universities, dozens of colleges (CÉGEP), and hundreds of other great schools. Studying in Quebec gives you the option to study in English, French, or both, and earn an internationally respected education.

Why study in Quebec: Quebec is a vibrant Canadian province with a European charm. It is also home to Montreal, known as one best student cities in the world. Quebec offers prestigious university programs, countless research centres in leading-edge fields, and access to the Canadian job market.

Another benefit of studying in Quebec is the low cost of living. Tuition fees and cost of living in Quebec are among the lowest in North America. As the only French province in Canada, Quebec has a distinct cultural identity that offers international students a unique experience. However, Quebec student visa requirements are also a little different from the rest of Canada.

Eligibility requirements to study in Quebec: Since Quebec has more autonomy in creating its immigration policies and procedures, the process of studying in Quebec as an international student is slightly different from other provinces. International students that wish to study in Quebec must apply to the province for acceptance before applying to the federal government for a Canadian study permit.

1. Admission to a Quebec school: As with the rest of Canada, the first step is to be accepted into a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in the province.

NOTE: Not all programs offered at DLIs make you eligible to apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) or permanent residence. If you intend to stay in Canada after graduation, make sure that the program you’ve been accepted into qualifies.

In general, to be accepted into a Quebec school, you have to meet certain educational and language requirements. However, the exact requirements will depend on the program you are applying to.

2. Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ):  A certificat d’acceptation du Québec (Quebec Acceptance Certificate – CAQ) is a document that attests that Quebec has accepted you as an international student. You must obtain a CAQ before you can apply for a study permit if your program of study is in Quebec.

A CAQ document is issued by Quebec’s Ministry of Immigration, Francisation et Intégration (Ministry of Immigration, Frenchisation, and Integration – MIFI).

NOTE: You do not need a CAQ or a study permit if you intend to study a program that is less than 6 months in duration.

Requirements: To be eligible to apply for a CAQ, you need to meet the following requirements. Be accepted into a Quebec designated learning institution Pay the fees associated with a CAQ application Agree to comply with the conditions for issuing a CAQ for studies and Meet financial capacity requirements.

Conditions of a CAQ: You must agree to comply with the conditions for issuing a CAQ for studies, such as receiving instruction for the program or level of the study indicated in your application. You must also agree to make studies your principal activity in Canada, and maintain, for yourself and accompanying family, health insurance for the entire time you are in Canada.

Financial capacity requirements

You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, transportation costs, and living expenses. For 2022, these amounts, not including tuition fees, are estimated at: One person under the age of 18 $6,742 One person aged 18 and over $13,481 Two people aged 18 and over $19,773 Two people aged 18 and over and one person.

under the age of 18 $22,149 Two people aged 18 and over and two people under the age of 18 $23,905 While you must provide proof that you have sufficient funds to study in Quebec, you do not need to spend this money. The financial requirement can be intimidating for many prospective students.

Keep in mind that you don’t need to pay this money to study in Quebec, you just need to demonstrate to MIFI that you have enough money to support yourself, and any accompanying family members, in Quebec.

NOTE: International students are also able to work up to 20 hours per week (and up to 40 hours per week during regular breaks) to help support themselves. If your spouse is accompanying you, they may also be eligible to apply for a spousal open work permit, to help offset the cost of living in Quebec.

3. Study permit: Once you have a CAQ, you must apply for a study permit from the Government of Canada. Upon receiving your study permit, you’re ready to start studying in Canada! Canadim’s International Student program can help you come to any province in Canada as an international student! Get started today with a free online student assessment:

Check Also

How to Access Facebook Business Manager 2023

In today’s digital age, having a strong online presence is crucial for businesses of all …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *